We’re seeking those who are applying an innovative approach to their tourism business, for example through collaborative marketing with other operators; creative approaches to customer service; new marketing ideas; utilising digital technologies and social media; unique interpretation; and original event creation.
Please note: nominees must be DST members at the time of the award presentation
- Nominations can be received from anyone, and self-nominations are strongly encouraged.
- Entrants can be any kind of business that support tourism in our region and can include any industry such as: accommodation, attractions, events, tours, information services, arts, transport, retail businesses, wineries, hire companies, food/beverage operations or other service providers to the tourism industry.
- Activities described in award submissions must have taken place during the period from January 2018 to December 2018.
- Applicants can enter multiple categories but may only submit one entry per category.
- All applications must be made online using the relevant form (on this page).
- Deadline for submissions: 12 noon on Wednesday, 13 March, 2019
- Identify the business being nominated, its street address and the type of business it is.
- Have a full name and email address for the primary contact for the business.
- How long has the business been operating under its current management?
- Is the business accredited?
- Does the business belong to a local tourism association?
- How many FTE staff?
- Nominees must be members of DST to qualify for entry.
- What is the specific product, project or service for which the business is being nominated?
- What processes or products make it unique? (150 words)
- How is this innovation shared with the tourism industry? (150 words)
HINT: Think about marketing, collaborations and partnerships, media, mentorships, etc.
- Supporting documentation: you may attach up to three files which support the submission. They may be formal letters of support, testimonials, reviews, awards, visitor book comments, news articles or general feedback. You may also upload an image if you think it’s appropriate.
HINT: any supporting evidence will improve your submission; don’t forego the opportunity to brag!