This award is for anyone who started a business, new service or not-for-profit operation in 2018. The business doesn’t have to be specifically a tourist operation, but the submission will need to show how it enhances the visitors experience in the region.
Please note: nominees must be DST members at the time of the award presentation.
- Nominations can be received from anyone, and self-nominations are strongly encouraged.
- Entrants can be any kind of business that support tourism in our region and can include any industry such as: accommodation, attractions, events, tours, information services, arts, transport, retail businesses, wineries and other food/beverage operations.
- Activities described in award submissions must have taken place during the period from January 2018 to December 2018.
- Applicants can enter multiple categories but may only submit one entry per category.
- All applications must be made online using the relevant form (on this page).
- Deadline for submissions: 12 noon on Wednesday, 13 March, 2019
- Identify the business being nominated, its street address and the type of business it is.
- Have a full name and email address for the primary contact for the business.
- How long has the business been operating under its current management?
- Is the business accredited?
- Does the business belong to a local tourism association?
- How many FTE staff?
- Nominees must be members of DST to qualify for entry.
- Brief overview of the nominated business – i.e. what product or service does it offer to which market, and how is it unique? (150 words)
- How has the business positively impacted the visitor experience? (100 words)
- How has the business or service made a difference to tourism in the local area or the southern Tasmanian region? (100 words)
- Supporting documentation: you may attach up to three files which support the submission. They may be formal letters of support, testimonials, reviews, awards, visitor book comments, news articles or general feedback. You may also upload an image if you think it’s appropriate.
HINT: any supporting evidence will improve your submission; don’t forego the opportunity to brag!