Note: We have now moved into activation phase which includes the #pttr2018 photo competition – for more info head to our consumer facing brand Hobart and Beyond.
Destination Southern Tasmania (DST) and Dark Mofo are excited to invite you to Paint the Town Red once again this winter.
What is it?
Each year, we encourage local businesses to light up in red for the duration of Dark Mofo—not only to show support for the festival, but to give interlopers a warm welcome.
What can I do?
Paint the town red! By which we mean use red bulbs, red lanterns, red decorations or whatever red stuff you please to colour your business.
Anything in it for me?
Glad you asked! Dark Mofo is giving participating businesses a shout out on their website and participants will also be in the running to win $2000 of Southern Cross airtime and a full page of ad space in The Mercury or Sunday Tasmanian. This will be randomly drawn and include all participants.
Who should I tell?
Tell us! Register in the form below so that we can include your listing on the Dark Mofo website and in our social media activity!
Photo Credits: Adam Gibson
When should I start?
Lights on or activation started by Monday 4 June as this year there is a prelude weekend during 8-10 June. Dark Mofo runs 15 – 24 June.
Just like last year, DST will encourage everyone in Hobart to share photographs of your business lit up in red. Share your photographs on Instagram and Facebook, and tag away:
Instagram: @dark_mofo @hobartandbeyond
#darkmofo #hobartandbeyond #pttr2018
Let your friends know!
We encourage local businesses and households across southern Tasmania to switch their lights to red and join the glow too.
For more information on Paint the Town Red, email Kate McCarthy at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 6223 5650.
Terms & Conditions:
- Information on how to enter the ‘Paint the Town Red 2018 (‘Promotion’) forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over.
3. Employees (and their immediate families) of Destination Southern Tasmania (the ‘Promoter’) and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. The Promotion commences on 8 June 2018 and ends at 5:00pm AEDST on 26 June 2018 (“Promotional Period”).
5. To enter, individuals must visit the internet site http://southerntasmania.com.a/marketing/paintthetownred/, enter the requested details and submit the fully completed entry form so that it is received during the Promotional Period.
6. This is a game of chance and skill plays no part in determining the winners. The winners will be chosen based on random number generated by www.random.org and counted up from the first entry received. Judges will be selected by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
7. Only one (1) entry is permitted per person.
8. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
9. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request the winners to provide proof of identity, and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim the Prize. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the Prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
10. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries not received by the Promoter or delays in the delivery due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
11. The judges will select the winners at Destination Southern Tasmania, Level 2, 13-17 Castray Esplanade Hobart Tasmania on 26 June 2018 at 10:00am AESDT.
12. The winners will be notified by phone call and in writing by email within two (2) business days of the draw.
13. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the Promotion result.
14. The randomly selected entry as determined by the judges will win an individual randomly selected Prize package, being –
- $2000 worth of airtime with Southern Cross Austereo
- Must be redeemed by 31 December 2018
- Cannot be used as payment for a proposed or existing booking
- Not transferrable without consent from the station
- Cannot be used for political advertising
- A full page advertisement in The Mercury or Sunday Tasmanian
- Must be redeemed by 31 July 2018
- Cannot be used for political advertising
- Cannot be used on an existing booking
- Date subject to availability
- Not redeemable for any other benefit
- Not transferable
- The Prizes do not include airfares or transfers.
16. The winners are responsible for all other expenses including travel to and from the departure points, petrol, car hire excess, spending money, meals (unless specified), drinks, transfers, laundry charges, activities (unless specified), incidentals, taxes, energy surcharges, gratuities, services charges, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs. Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
17. Bookable components of the Prizes must be booked by: Southern Cross Austereo 31 December 2018 and Mercury 31 July 2018. The Prizes are subject to booking availability and individual package conditions.
18. The Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers. The winners may be required to present their credit card or make a cash deposit at time of accommodation check in for all incidental charges.
19. The Prize packages are valued up to a total of $2,535 (GST inclusive). The Prize value is based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of publication (inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for a change in the Prize value between now and the Prize redemption date.
20. The Prizes, or any unused portion of the Prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
21. If the winners do not take a Prize (or an element of a Prize) by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the Prize (or that element of the Prize) will be forfeited.
22. If the Prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize for a prize of equal or specified value, subject to Tasmanian State Government Regulations.
23. The Prize will be awarded to the person named in the entry.
24. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the Promotional Period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
25. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the Promotion on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the Promotion and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any written directions given under State Regulation.
26. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the internet service provider used.
27. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
28. If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, subject to any written direction given under Tasmanian State Government Regulation.
29. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
30. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
31. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) taking/use of and/or participation in the prize.
32. As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
33. The Promoter collects personal information (“PI“) in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such PI to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this PI. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the PI for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
34. The Promoter is Destination Southern Tasmania (ABN 29 156 395 970).