DST is thrilled to offer one lucky DST member a full scholarship to attend the 2018 Australian Regional Tourism Convention in The Tweed, NSW on 23-25 October 2018.
The $3000 scholarship package will cover the following:
- Return airfares Hobart – Gold Coast (plus transfers)
- Three nights’ accommodation
- Full registration
Other incidental travel and food and beverage costs incurred outside the convention will be at the winner’s own expense.
To enter, fill out the form below. The application is simple, but we recommend you compile your content first, then cut and paste into the online form. Applications close at 8:00am on Friday, 28 September. You will not be able to save your entry and go back to it later; it needs to be filled out and submitted all at once. To help you prepare your content, the questions are listed below.
- Demonstrate your leadership in the tourism industry in your region. Detail your involvement with your local tourism association, industry organisation, community groups, business organisations or individual tourism projects of significance that you have worked on in the past two years over and above the role within your business/paid job. Dot points are fine. Maximum 200 words.
- What tourism outcomes have you driven that you are most proud of? These can be KPIs within your job requirements or something related to the extra-curricular work listed in the previous question. Maximum 100 words.
- What contribution have they made to regional tourism in southern Tasmania? Maximum 100 words.
- You will be required to share your learnings from the convention with industry, possibly at a Tips and Tipples-style event. Can you think of any other ways you would be willing to share that knowledge with your industry colleagues?
- Which sessions in the convention program interest you the most? Briefly detail how you think these topics relate to the southern Tasmanian tourism industry. You can view the full program HERE.
- You may attach a letter of reference from your employer, business partner or an industry colleague. This is not compulsory but will strengthen your submission.
If you have any questions or need clarification on any of the questions in the application, please email us, or phone the office on 6223 5650.
Sorry, nominations are now closed.