We’re seeking those who are applying an innovative approach to their tourism business, for example through collaborative marketing with other operators; creative approaches to customer service; new marketing ideas; utilising digital technologies and social media; unique interpretation; and original event creation.
Please note: nominees must be DST members at the time of the award presentation
We have put together a checklist (below) so that you can collect all the elements of your nomination before you start your online submission. Once you have all the information, entering it on the form below is a quick and easy process. If you have any queries please contact the DST team on 6223 5650.
Bright Star (innovation):
This category is all about innovation and recognising those businesses are applying innovative approaches to their tourism business, and is focussed on what the nominee is doing a bit differently than others and how they are leading by example. Innovation might be in the form of collaborative marketing, creative approaches to customer service, new marketing ideas, utilising digital technologies, social media, unique interpretation and original event creation.
- Identify business being nominated and the primary contact for the business. You will need to note the business address, type of business, are they accredited, do they belong to a local tourism association, number of FTE staff and how long the business has been operating.
- In no more than 300 words, please give up to three examples of how the nominee has used innovation to benefit the tourism business and/or tourism to the region (refer to the summary information provided above)
- Letters of support – you can attach up to three letters of reference that support the submission
- Nominations can be received from anyone, and self-nominations are strongly encouraged.
- Entrants can be any kind of business that support tourism in our region and can include any industry such as: accommodation, attractions, events, tours, information services, arts, transport, retail businesses, wineries and other food/beverage operations.
- Activities described in award submissions must have taken place during the period from January 2015 to December 2016.
- Applicants can enter multiple categories but may only submit one entry per category.
- All applications must be made online using the relevant form (on this page).
- Deadline for submissions: 5pm, 6 March, 2017
Sorry, nominations are now closed.