Recognising younger members of our industry who are breathing new life into the region.
Please note: nominees must be employees of or operators of a DST member business at the time of the award presentation
We have put together a checklist (below) so that you can collect all the elements of your nomination before you start your online submission. Once you have all the information, entering it on the form below is a quick and easy process. If you have any queries please contact the DST team on 6223 5650.
Rising Star (32 years and under, individual):
This category is about recognising the work of our region’s younger industry leaders. This is an opportunity to highlight the work the nominee has done to improve the performance of a business, either back of house or on the front line, and their contribution to the regional tourism industry.
- Identify the nominator and nominee and their email address.
- Identify the business where the nominee works (must be a DST member business).
- In no more than 300 words, please describe how the nominee has been contributing to tourism in our region. Give examples of what impact this person has had on their place of work and/or our regional tourism industry.
- Letters of support – you can attach up to three letters of reference that support the submission.
- Nominations can be received from anyone, and self-nominations are strongly encouraged.
- Entrants can be any kind of business that support tourism in our region and can include any industry such as: accommodation, attractions, events, tours, information services, arts, transport, retail businesses, wineries and other food/beverage operations.
- Activities described in award submissions must have taken place during the period from January 2016 to December 2016.
- Applicants can enter multiple categories but may only submit one entry per category.
- All applications must be made online using the relevant form (on this page).
- Deadline for submissions: 5pm, 6 March, 2017
Sorry, nominations are now closed.