Through this award we recognise operators who are supporting our core regional brand strengths of: arts & culture; nature & wildlife; food & beverage; waterways; or history & heritage. We’re looking for feedback from customers that demonstrates the lasting memories that have been created through standards of excellence and unique experiences.
Please note: nominees must be DST members at the time of the award presentation
We have put together a checklist (below) so that you can collect all the elements of your nomination before you start your online submission. Once you have all the information, entering it on the form below is a quick and easy process. If you have any queries please contact the DST team on 6223 5650.
Stardom (brand excellence):
This category is really about showcasing experiences that make southern Tasmania a very special place to visit. We are renowned for our arts and culture, waterways, history and heritage, food and beverage, and nature and wildlife experiences. This category provides the opportunity for businesses to demonstrate how they contribute to the southern Tasmania brand by highlighting the best of these tourism assets. Contenders in this category will need to show how they create lasting memories by delivering unique experiences with the highest standards of service excellence. We are looking for feedback from customers that highlight how the business has contributed to making a visit to southern Tasmania unforgettable.
- Identify the business being nominated and the primary contact for the business. You will need to note the business address, type of business, are they accredited, do they belong to a local tourism association, number of FTE staff and how long the business has been operating. Nominees must be members of DST to qualify for entry.
- In no more than 300 words, please give up to three examples of customer feedback that demonstrates how you have supported southern Tasmania’s core regional brand strengths through standards of excellence and unique experiences. You might like to consider using Trip Advisor or other online review links.
- Supporting documentation – you can attach up to three letters/copies of customer feedback forms/pages from feedback books
- Nominations can be received from anyone, and self-nominations are strongly encouraged.
- Entrants can be any kind of business that support tourism in our region and can include any industry such as: accommodation, attractions, events, tours, information services, arts, transport, retail businesses, wineries and other food/beverage operations.
- Activities described in award submissions must have taken place during the period from January 2016 to December 2016.
- Applicants can enter multiple categories but may only submit one entry per category.
- All applications must be made online using the relevant form (on this page).
- Deadline for submissions: 5pm, 6 March, 2017
Sorry, nominations are now closed.