This award recognises those individuals who go ‘above and beyond’ to support tourism in their community in a voluntary capacity (for example, by serving on committees, organising events, mentoring others, or coordinating promotional activities).
Open to anyone living and working across the Southern Tasmania tourism region or in any of the 11 Council areas of: Hobart, Glenorchy, Clarence, Brighton, Sorell, Kingborough, Huon Valley, Derwent Valley, Tasman, Central Highlands and Southern Midlands.
Please note: this is the only Southern Stars of Tourism Award where the nominee does not have to be a DST member.
- Nominations can be received from anyone, and self-nominations are strongly encouraged.
- This is an individual rather than business category.
- Activities described in award submissions must have taken place during the period from January 2016 to December 2016.
- Applicants can only enter this category once.
- All applications must be made online using the relevant form (on this page).
- Deadline for submissions: 5pm, 6 March, 2017
We have put together a checklist (below) so that you can collect all the elements of your nomination before you start your online submission. Once you have all the information, entering it on the form below is a quick and easy process. If you have any queries please contact the DST team on 6223 5650.
Starlight (community individual):
This category is about recognising individuals who are going above and beyond in their local community and/ or the southern region to further tourism. They will not necessarily be a high-profile identity but what they do brings the tourism industry together in local areas, enhancing the visitor experience in our region.
Nominees do not need to be members of DST to enter this category.
- Identify the nominator and nominee and their email address
- Which southern municipalities does the nominee live and/or work in (Kingborough, Tasman, Sorell, Clarence, Hobart, Glenorchy, Brighton, Derwent Valley, Central Highlands, Huon Valley, Southern Midlands)
- List the voluntary roles/activities the nominee has performed during the year (2016) that have supported tourism in your community or in the region (include name of organise/committee/purpose and specific role)
- In no more than 300 words, please give the best example of how the nominee is contributing to supporting tourism in your community or region through voluntary activity
- Letters of support – you can attach up to three letters of reference that support the submission
Sorry. This form is no longer available.