Through this award we recognise operators who are supporting our core regional brand strengths of:
- arts and culture
- history and heritage
- food and beverage, and
- nature and wildlife experiences.
This category provides the opportunity for businesses to demonstrate how they contribute to the southern Tasmanian brand by showcasing these tourism assets in the best possible light. Nominees will need to show how they create lasting memories by delivering unique experiences with the highest standards of service excellence.
Please note: Nominees must be DST members at the time of the award presentation
- Nominations can be received from anyone, and self-nominations are strongly encouraged.
- Entrants can be any kind of business that support tourism in our region and can include any industry such as: accommodation, attractions, events, tours, information services, arts, transport, retail businesses, wineries and other food/beverage operations.
- Activities described in award submissions must have taken place during the period from January 2017 to December 2017.
- Applicants can enter multiple categories but may only submit one entry per category.
- All applications must be made online using the relevant form (on this page).
- Deadline for submissions: Midnight, 8 April, 2018
- Identify the business being nominated, its street address and the type of business it is.
- Have a full name and email address for the primary contact for the business.
- How long has the business been operating under its current management?
- Is the business accredited?
- Does the business belong to a local tourism association?
- How many FTE staff?
- Nominees must be members of DST to qualify for entry.
- What is the visitor experience delivered by the nominee? (50 words)
- How is it unique? (100 words)
- What are the key brand values of the business? (50 words)
- How are those brand values reflected in the visitor experience? (150 words)
HINT: Think about the way the nominee communicates with customers, experience delivery, workplace culture, product quality and content, etc.
- Supporting documentation – you should attach up to three files containing letters, testimonials, reviews, or other customer feedback that demonstrates the positive impact the business has had on customers.
Sorry, nominations are now closed.