This award recognises those individuals who go ‘above and beyond’ to support tourism in their community in a voluntary capacity (for example, by serving on committees, organising events, mentoring others, or coordinating promotional activities). They will not necessarily be a high-profile identity but what they do brings the tourism industry together in local areas, enhancing the visitor experience in our region.
Open to anyone living and working across the Southern Tasmania tourism region or in any of the 11 Council areas of: Hobart, Glenorchy, Clarence, Brighton, Sorell, Kingborough, Huon Valley, Derwent Valley, Tasman, Central Highlands and Southern Midlands.
Nominees in this category are usually nominated by others, so please think about the volunteers in your community who serve on committees, organise events, mentor others, work in visitor information centres or coordinate collaborative promotional opportunities.
Please note: this is the only Southern Stars of Tourism Award where the nominee does not have to be a DST member.
- Nominations can be received from anyone, and self-nominations are strongly encouraged.
- This is an individual rather than business category.
- Activities described in award submissions must have taken place during the period from January 2017 to December 2017.
- Applicants can only enter this category once.
- All applications must be made online using the relevant form (on this page).
- Deadline for submissions: Midnight, 8 April, 2018
- Name and email address of nominator and nominee
- Which southern municipality does the nominee live and/or work in? (Kingborough, Tasman, Sorell, Clarence, Hobart, Glenorchy, Brighton, Derwent Valley, Central Highlands, Huon Valley, Southern Midlands)
- List the voluntary roles/activities the nominee has performed during the year (2017) that have supported tourism in their community or in the region. You’ll need to include the name of the organisation, the nominee’s role, and name any specific projects or events of significance.
- Think about how the nominee engages others in their volunteer activities. (150 words)
- How does their work enhance the visitor experience? (150 words)
- You also have the opportunity to upload documents to support your entry if appropriate. These may include customer feedback, testimonials, images, reviews, etc.
Sorry. This form is no longer available.