Through this award we recognise operators who are supporting our core regional brand strengths of:
- arts and culture
- history and heritage
- food and beverage, and
- nature and wildlife experiences.
This category provides the opportunity for businesses to demonstrate how they contribute to the southern Tasmanian brand by showcasing these tourism assets in the best possible light. Nominees will need to show how they create lasting memories by delivering unique experiences with the highest standards of service excellence.
Please note: Nominees must be DST members at the time of the award presentation on 4 April, 2019
- Nominations can be received from anyone, and self-nominations are strongly encouraged.
- Entrants can be any kind of business that support tourism in our region and can include any industry such as: accommodation, attractions, events, tours, information services, arts, transport, retail businesses, wineries and other food/beverage operations.
- Activities described in award submissions must have taken place during the period from January 2018 to December 2018.
- Applicants can enter multiple categories but may only submit one entry per category.
- All applications must be made online using the relevant form (on this page).
- There is no mechanism for saving your entry form before you submit so all answers and supporting material must be gathered before you begin the online form. We have provided comprehensive checklists below or a printable version HERE.
- Deadline for submissions: 8:00am on Monday, 18 March, 2019
- Identify the business being nominated, its street address and the type of business it is.
- Have a full name and email address for the primary contact for the business.
- How long has the business been operating under its current management?
- Is the business accredited?
- Does the business belong to a local tourism association?
- How many FTE staff?
- Nominees must be members of DST to qualify for entry.
- What is the visitor experience delivered by the nominee? (50 words)
- How is it unique? (100 words)
- What are the key brand values of the business? (50 words)
- How are those brand values reflected in the visitor experience? (150 words)
HINT: Think about the way the nominee communicates with customers, experience delivery, workplace culture, product quality and content, etc.
- A high-resolution hero image of your business (this will be for the slide show at the Gala, so make it a good one!)
- Supporting documentation – you should attach up to three files containing letters, testimonials, reviews, or other customer feedback that demonstrates the positive impact the business has had on customers.
HINT: The proof is in the pudding with this category; it is all about the impact you have on visitors and how their experience measures up to expectations. The best people to assess that is visitors themselves, so tell us what they are saying about you. This comprises 30% of the total score for this category.
Sorry, nominations are now closed.
Thank you to our Southern Stars partners: