This award recognises those individuals who go ‘above and beyond’ to contribute to the continuous improvement of the southern Tasmanian tourism industry. One of two individual Southern Stars categories, the Starlight division seeks to recognise those who have a big picture view of the industry and who have demonstrated support and leadership to their industry colleagues and counterparts.
Both volunteers and paid employees are eligible. For further details on eligibility criteria, please refer to the nomination guidelines.
- Nominations can be received from anyone, and self-nominations are strongly encouraged.
- This is an individual rather than a business category.
- In the event that you are nominating someone else, there is a component of the submission that must be completed by the nominee, so the nominee must be complicit.
- There is no mechanism for saving your entry form before you submit so all answers and supporting material must be gathered before you begin the online form. We have provided comprehensive checklists below or a printable version HERE.
- Activities described in award submissions must have taken place during the period from January 2018 to December 2018.
- Applicants can only enter this category once.
- Entrance to I-LEAD 2019 is subject to final approval from Tasmanian Leaders and also commitment from the Starlight winner to attend. In the event that the Starlight winner is not eligible for the I-LEAD Program, they will receive $1500 towards another form of formalised leadership development to be approved by DST. This can be another leadership program, course, conference registration, or coaching sessions.
- All applications must be made online using the relevant form (on this page).
- Deadline for submissions: 8:00am on Monday, 18 March, 2019
Checklist for nominator:
- Name and email address of nominator
- List the roles/activities the nominee has performed during 2018 (above and beyond the requirements of their paid role) that have supported tourism in their community or in the region. You’ll need to include the name of the organisation, the nominee’s role, and name any specific projects or events of significance.
- Think about how the nominee engages others in their activities. (100 words)
- How does their work enhance the visitor experience and/or foster development and growth? (100 words)
- The submission will require two written references from people other than the nominator.
Checklist for nominee:
- Name and email address of nominee
- Business web address and/or link to LinkedIn profile
- Details of previous leadership experience and development
- Availability to participate in the I-LEAD Program on 2-3 June, 2019 and 11-12 August, 2019 in Hobart
- Three important challenges facing the industry today (dot points)
- Three opportunities available to the southern Tasmanian tourism industry (dot points)
- The ways you would like to contribute to developing these opportunities (150 words)
- The submission will require two written references from people other than the nominator
- A high-resolution image of the nominee, preferably in action (this will be for the slide show at the Gala)
Sorry, nominations have now closed.
Thank you to our Southern Stars partners: