If you have caught Sunrise this week, you will have seen that southern Tassie is on show all week, with Salamanca, Willie Smiths, Wall in the Wilderness, Pumphouse Point, Strathgordon Dam and Australian Wooden Boat Festival all locations for weather crosses. What great promotion for our region!
The Sunrise Weather Team is embarking on a six month road trip around Australia following ‘Highway One’ and is kicking off with two weeks in Tasmania. Tourism Tasmania has supported this activity by way of location suggestions.
The Tassie itinerary will include the following locations/experiences:
- Monday 2 February – Salamanca
- Tuesday 3 February – Willie Smiths
- Wednesday 4 February – Wall in the Wilderness
- Thursday 5 February – Pumphouse Point
- Friday 6 February – Strathgordon Dam
- Monday 9 February – Wooden Boat Festival
- Tuesday 10 February – Wineglass Bay Sail Walk; broadcast from a yacht in Great Oyster Bay
- Wednesday 11 February – Pennyfarthings in Evandale
- Thursday 12 February – Mount Gnomon Farm
- Friday 13 February – Spirit of Tasmania, Melbourne
Sunrise always welcome spectators/ visitor to these locations when they are in publicly accessible location (who may or may not have the opportunity to get on television).